Ipswich Town boss Roy Keane is remaining cautious on the fitness of long-term absentee Luciano Civelli.The winger, 24, has not made a first-team appearance since March 2009 after damaging knee ligaments, but was on the bench for Wednesday's League Cup win.
Keane told BBC Radio Suffolk: "I still say let's be a bit patient with Luca.
"It would be nice to get Luca involved when we're on a good run of games, when we're two or three up but it's not been the case."
Town fans have been unable to make a full assessment of the Argentine midfielder who has played just eight times since making a £1m switch from home country club Banfield in January last year.
But a string of reserve appearances, and his inclusion in the squad that beat West Brom in midweek, would suggest he is close to completing his return to Championship action.
For my form at Championship level it is a drought in my eyes, but it's not playing on my mind
Ipswich Town striker Jason Scotland
"We brought him into the squad the last couple of days, he's trained with the first team and he's not let himself down," Keane added.
"We have to be careful but he was on the bench the other night which will be a boost for him.
"But if he isn't involved this weekend then he's got a chance against Luton in the reserves on Tuesday to get hopefully another 90 minutes under his belt.
"He still hasn't had that type of minutes, that's where the real sharpness comes from."
Meanwhile, striker Jason Scotland has admitted he is still yet to hit his top form for Ipswich.
The 31-year-old, who arrived from Wigan in August, has failed to find the net since the end of October.
"There's more to come from me, I haven't scored in five games now," he said.
"For my form at Championship level it is a drought in my eyes, but it's not playing on my mind.
"I'm not getting worried. We need goals as well, me and Tamas [Priskin] we need to chip in.
"But my form is pretty good, I just need to put away a couple of chances."
Source: BBC Sport
Source: BBC Sport